We’re back! Following a critically acclaimed debut mini-season, the chamber music insurgents of Mobtown Modern bring the noise back to Bmore in 2008-2009 with a six concert all out aural assault. From Adams (John Luther, that is) to Zappa, weâ€™re leaving no new music stone unturned this season and minding all the gaps in between. So pick a show, any show (though weâ€™d recommend them all), and find out why the Baltimore Sun recently called Mobtown Modern “one of the coolest things to emerge in Baltimore.” And be sure to check out the new website with all its fancy features, like the Mix Tape, The Modcast, and more!
Mobtown Modern, your purveyors of fine new music in Baltimore, is making mix tapes for each of our 6 concerts for the 2008-2009 season, serving up more tracks that you need to check out. In advance of each show, we’ll distribute a new mix with songs associated with the show’s theme. We’ve got the first one up. Click here to get it.
Mobtown Mix Tape, Vol. 1: Back to School Trax
- Boogie Down Productions, “You Must Learn”
- Mos Def, “Mathematics”
- J-Live, “True School Anthem”
- Gil Scott-Heron, “Sex Education – Ghetto Style”
- DangerDoom, “Old School (feat. Talib Kweli)”
- MÃ¶tley CrÃ¼e, “Smokin’ in the Boys Room”
- Quasimoto, “Microphone Mathematics”
- MATHSoundsystem: Maryland Academy/BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM, “Team 6 Song”
- Gorillaz, “Kids With Guns”
- Defari, “Spell My Name”
- Dead Prez, “‘They’ Schools”
- Milkshake, “School”